Saturday, December 13, 2008

Update on the house
We got our two huge septic tanks put in the ground. We had to use one of Diamond's big excavator to lift them into place. Of course just because we had them scheduled to be placed..it had to snow just before they were delivered...and the snow plow was occupied the night before placement...so the delivery truck had to be chained up to get up the road...
Speaking of chains....I tried to get up the road in the Jetta...just the road into the subdivision mind you...and couldn't make it. So, being hard headed and all (not to mention pregnant) I turned around and promptly bought tire chains AND put them on AND tried the road again...and made it!! Good to know that if needed the little Jetta can make it! On a side note...it's been over 10 years since I had to chain up a vehicle...good thing I remembered how to put them on!! :-)

Right after we placed the tanks in the ground Ed McKeever came down to help put some road mix on our road...which turns into a mud bog when wet. He put about 15 - 10 yard loads over the entire road...it is so much better to drive on now!

We also got some GREAT help installing our stairs...the treds are temporary, but the structure will stay. Stacey and Emily came to help for the weekend!! Thanks guys!