Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Andrea's Trip to New York - It's HERE (finally)!!

NEW YORK CITY
So here we are...my sister Maureen, my cousin Diana, and I - posing outside the Mercedes-Benz fashion show tent...this was our first day...we didn't actually get to see any of the MB fashion shows...those are only for famous people and designers!
Maureen at the back stage door - you may be able to read Vera Wang on the door.
Here we are being groupies and trying to catch someone famous on camera...we saw some famous models (I should clarify - Maureen saw some - I couldn't name one!!)

This reporter came up to Diana and I and asked us a question about fashion...HA HA HA all we could do was laugh...now if Maureen would have been standing with us - she may have had something intellegent to say. (My mom took the picture)

We made it to the top of the Empire State building - what an amazing view

Andrea's "Today Show" debut
You can see my sign "Montana 2 NYC" my mom had one too - it said "Big Sky to the Big Apple" We had a lot of fun seeing ourselves on national TV and meeting the anchors...
Me with Ann Curry!
Me with Matt Lauer!!

I didn't quite get to Meredith or Al in enough time...so here are the pictures I got of them.


Later in the week we were window shoping on 5th ave and happened to stop in Trump tower. We looked through the window of a store and there was Salma Heyak! She saw us taking pictures through the window - she smiled at us and waved...it was really cute!

Here we are getting ready to go to two fashion shows - part of the Coutour Fashion Week
WATCH OUT GUYS....LOTS OF FASHION IN THE NEXT SEVERAL PICTURES!!
The first fashion show we went to was an Itialian designer - I didn't get may good pictures of her dresses - but we wound up sitting in the front row...that was neat.

Here is Maureen with a model that was outside the show - showcasing another designer's work.
Here we are at our second show for the night - front row again
The second designer was a female from Kuwait...her designs were Amazing! I have included lots of pictures - they were too eccentric to explain...see for yourself







Front
Back



This was my favorite dress - I could wear it out!!
Front
Back


This dress was the finale - it was gorgeous!!


Yes...she is wearing underwear under the dress!

One of the models from the show - she was really surprized that we wanted to get our picture taken with her...they were all really nice
Here we are with the designer - all I did was ask the guy in charge if we could get our picture with her - he pushed us in there and several people took picutres! I was SO surreal!

The next day we tried to see Ground Zero - this is as close as we got...a weird unexpect snow storm blew through the city and it was FREEZING! So we didn't get to see as much of it as I would have liked....oh well, we were on the fence line.
Here we are at Central Park - our hotel was actually only three blocks from this area of the park. We stayed on the upper west side of the city. It was a great area - the hotel was a little old, but it was nice. The shopping was amazing too!!
This is part of the Museum of Natural History - it's their planetarium. We didn't get to go inside..too late in the evening.